News and publications
NEW: “Solar Cooling” now available in arabic language
The english text book “Solar Cooling” is now available in arabic language.
SOLEM publishes text book
Solar cooling is gaining increasing importance worldwide. Currently, experts carefully monitor the technology race between solar thermal and solar electric driven cooling processes. A new English textbook written by the two directors of SOLEM Consulting, Dr Paul Kohlenbach and Dr Uli Jakob, explains both methods in detail and provides comprehensive information. The book has been released in July 2014 and provides answers to the following questions:
- Which markets / what potential is there for solar thermal cooling?
- Where and under which conditions do these systems operate economically?
- What are the important design criteria?
- What must be observed during installation and maintenance?
- How do solar panels, thermal chillers, cooling distribution and storage work?
- Which solar cooling systems already operate successfully around the globe?
The book includes the following chapters:
- Solar thermal collectors
- Solar cooling technologies
- Cold distribution
- Storage components
- Designing and sizing
- Installation, operation and maintenance
- Economic feasibility
- Potential markets
- Case studies.
The book “Solar Cooling” is recommended for engineers, architects, consultants and planners, businesses, students and all those interested in this technology.
Recent and upcoming events
- 07.05.2018 – Presentation, Berliner Energietage 2018 – Mehr Klimaschutz mit innovativer Kälte- und Klimatechnik, Prof. Dr. Paul Kohlenbach: “Simulation and energy storage in refrigeration“, Berlin/Germany
- 12.04.2018 – Presentation, IEA SHC Task 53 – Solar Cooling Workshop, Dr. Uli Jakob: “Results of feasibility studies for solar cooling systems in Mexico and Jordan“, ILK Dresden/Germany